Previous books

- Previous book -

**The Seer**
John Black is not your average teenager. Having just experienced his 16th birthday, his world is turned upside down when he realizes that our universe is actually made up of two independent realities and that he is the prophesied savior of both of them. As the new leader in the battle of good and evil, he must discover in himself the strength and friendships required to ensure that the world as he knows it continues to exist.

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Motivation - you fickle fiend

Ah yes... the computer sits there awaiting visitation but everything else seems suddenly infinitely more interesting. You remember you have washing to do. The kids rooms are a mess. That thing you meant to buy on the shopping list rears its ugly head and reminds you to go out and buy it. You should really wash the car and clean the garage...And then you realize it.... you have bitten by the bug... the "can't be bothered" bug.
Its a nefarious little monster. Sneaks up on you when you least expect it. Jumps into your coffee cup and sucks your inspiration dry. 
That was I am afraid the cause of my "poor attendance" this last weekend. If I was a school teacher I would have given myself a F. But then, sometimes I think life likes to let you be a little slack. Gives you chances to be a little blatantly and obviously naughty. Its like a chocolate bar that your not supposed to eat but  you sneak anyway. It tastes soooo good at the time, but then adds five pounds to your hips. You know you will pay for it later, but at the time it just seems worth it.
And so today I am paying for my indulgences as I get back into my writing. Midway through the fight scenes its hard to conjure up the same enthusiasm that I had last week now I have had the time off. But perhaps that's why we need some time off occasionally. So we are a little less intense.
Or maybe its just to take time to enjoy the chocolates of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment