Previous books

- Previous book -

**The Seer**
John Black is not your average teenager. Having just experienced his 16th birthday, his world is turned upside down when he realizes that our universe is actually made up of two independent realities and that he is the prophesied savior of both of them. As the new leader in the battle of good and evil, he must discover in himself the strength and friendships required to ensure that the world as he knows it continues to exist.

Saturday, 27 October 2012

When are you good enough?

I am wondering at what point do you consider yourself good enough to comment on someone else's work? I have been reading a piece that was offered for critique in a writers blog and I am tempted to offer some advice, but I am holding back. Who am I to offer writing advice barely being a writer myself? 

At what point do you become adequate enough to critique someones writing I wonder?

Is it once you have finally been published that you can say - well I have been published so now I can officially comment on someones work? If that theory stands then everyone who has self-published is really taking self liberties in critiquing because they didn't really earn the right but rather published the right themselves surely? But there are others who specialize in critiquing who have never published themselves, so how does that work? Should you really only ever comment if you have some kind of degree in these matters?

Confusion confusion... 
As always your thoughts appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment