Previous books

- Previous book -

**The Seer**
John Black is not your average teenager. Having just experienced his 16th birthday, his world is turned upside down when he realizes that our universe is actually made up of two independent realities and that he is the prophesied savior of both of them. As the new leader in the battle of good and evil, he must discover in himself the strength and friendships required to ensure that the world as he knows it continues to exist.

Monday, 12 November 2012

A Monty Python moment....

I was reading in the paper the other day about a Judge who slammed an attempt to prosecute an overseas fisherman who had died pre-trial . He was quoted as saying
"It reminds me of Monty Python and his dead parrot," he said when the ministry said it wanted the case to proceed. "I would have thought that the death of the accused is pretty fundamental."

It is a rarity it in our daily lives that we get to truly speak our minds like this jovial Judge, but the vision of the dead parrot sketch got me laughing and reminded me a little of why I started writing. 

It would be a very boring world indeed without those that could speak their mind. Without the writers who put ink to paper (or now days finger to keyboard!) and wrote down what secretly everyone was really thinking.  

Freedom of speech. 

It reminds me of how lucky I am to live in such a place that we have mockingbirds for judges and somewhere were I can write whatever takes my fancy without fear of repercussion. My stories are all fictional, but I do not have to write in secret.  And as I watch the current world dynamics change, with elections and leaders ebb and flow I am glad to be where I am. And hopefully, my own mockingbirds will call out their own tune. Mine will just a paper version. 


No comments:

Post a Comment