Previous books

- Previous book -

**The Seer**
John Black is not your average teenager. Having just experienced his 16th birthday, his world is turned upside down when he realizes that our universe is actually made up of two independent realities and that he is the prophesied savior of both of them. As the new leader in the battle of good and evil, he must discover in himself the strength and friendships required to ensure that the world as he knows it continues to exist.

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Finding time to write

So since my friends and family have found out that I have been writing several have asked "How do you fit in time to do it?" My standard answer has become "In between the kids bedtime and the 8.30 movie...". I cannot resist a good evening movie. That, and its the truth. I don't get a lot of time usually to sit for hours plonking at the keyboard writing down my characters every thought, my every plot wish or every theme. I wish that I did! But what I do find is that when I do sit down to write I find that I am determined to get everything out. Its very cathartic really. 

But I strongly believe that there is a writer in all of us if we set our minds to it. Just a couple hundred words a  day even would get you there eventually. Think of it as the reverse of giving up smoking. Instead of taking one less a day, you could write one more a day instead! Even better - you don't have to buy patches. Just think of the money you could save.

So next time your sitting there watching TV after 7pm remember this. That book  you were meaning to write since you were seven doesn't write itself. Just a couple words a day my friend, just a couple words a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment