Previous books

- Previous book -

**The Seer**
John Black is not your average teenager. Having just experienced his 16th birthday, his world is turned upside down when he realizes that our universe is actually made up of two independent realities and that he is the prophesied savior of both of them. As the new leader in the battle of good and evil, he must discover in himself the strength and friendships required to ensure that the world as he knows it continues to exist.

Monday, 10 December 2012

When it all goes wrong...

Firstly, yes I do normally back up my work. And ironically my husband (bless his cotton socks) had just mentioned that I should back up my work ("yes dear" I think was my non-committal response). When suddenly the laptop I was working on decided it wanted a vacation and went dead. 

When I did manage to restart it my ten thousand word chapter was nothing but a bunch of zeros. Now, Google (my old friend) did help me when I searched for "recover word file" but what it told me I did not want to read. My file was as dead as a door nail. Gone as a goneburger. Deceased. Kaput. 

A few tears and tantrums later I had gone through the grieving process and released it was my own stupid fault, and frankly if I didn't back up my work on a more regular basis this kind of thing was going to happen. Sighing, I got back to re-writing (well that, and opening a bottle of wine to make it a little easier to write).

Motto of the story? If your going to be stupid have a bottle of wine in the fridge, and always back up your work as you go. Save yourself the grief. Its much easier to write the first time around I have found and if not make sure you have a killer memory....

No comments:

Post a Comment